Translate

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Easy, peasy stew recipe...

So, as I was on facebook last night I was talking to one of my friend's mom and ended up giving her my grandmother's (in the South, that would be Mimi ;)) really easy stew recipe, and decided that maybe some of you might like it as well!

Rinse and pat dry 2lbs of cubed stew meat, roll in flour. Brown the meat in 3T oil (Do this is the same pot that you're going to simmer the stew in so that any flour that falls off the meat helps thicken the stew). Add 1 can of french onion soup (or 1 pkg onion soup mix) and pour water or broth over meat (Just enough to cover the top of the meat) Then add in any veggies you want (I do potatoes, onions, and carrots) And simmer for about 3 hours. If it's not thickening well, you can add more flour at the 2 hour mark.

Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment