Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Missions..

Lately the Lord has really given me a heart for missions, as some of you already know. There is just so much unknown about this journey in my life though, and I've really been praying about so many different aspects to it. First of all, training. YWAM (Youth With A Mission) has a wonderful training (DTS) course, and there are some bases in Colorado where my Aunt lives and one in lower Arkansas where I'm originally from. Obviously I haven't been to any of them (Other than being to one when I was 5 or 6) to check them out, and I'm trying ever so hard not to let my want for being back in the South to draw me towards the one in Arkansas. Of course if that is the one God calls me to, I will go in a heart beat, but I need HIM to call me there..not ME to call me there. I've also been praying about what kind of mission work the Lord wants me in...again, my stubborn, control freak self wants to control where I am "called" to....but of course if that's the case then I'm not truly being "called" more like me going where I want to go not where the Lord wants me to go. My biggest WANT is to be safely in the U.S. doing work in a church somewhere, but every time I think of that and how much I want it, the less peaceful I become with that decision/thought. Every time I pray and ask God for direction, he leads me to Africa. Every time he leads me to Africa, I think "But, Lord.. that's so "cliche". Every one wants to help people in Africa." And here we go, round and round in this circle. I must learn to control my 'control freak' nature! Ha..totally ironic, I know. I just wanted to show some pictures I have found in my research lately of Africa. Every time I see them, my heart is stirred more and more.





I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do....though, if you're not being called to Africa, you might not appreciate them quite as much.. :)
Another thing....your prayers are SO very coveted as I begin this stage of my life after I graduate. Please pray that the Lord with slam any doors I'm not supposed to go through and open wide the one he wants me to enter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment