Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Learning to listen..

It's 4am, and I'm awake...again
For the past week every morning (if you can even call 4am morning) I've been awake at the same time, on the dot. When I wake up, I'm actually very annoyed. Annoyed that after a long day at work, I can't seem to sleep through the night, even though I'm exhausted. Annoyed that it's 4am, which means I won't fall back asleep before dad gets up, and with his stomping around upstairs, I won't sleep until he leaves for work. 

Then...last night it dawned on me. Pray. There's obviously a reason I'm awake at this time every morning...at the same exact time. I have no idea what to pray about, I have no idea if there's something I'm supposed to be hearing from the Lord (I must say I'm not very coherent in the middle of the night), maybe I'm just supposed to lay there in silence and have the peace and quiet I've so been yearning for lately. 

I have no idea if I'll still be awake every morning at 4 from now on...but I do know that if I am, I won't be annoyed, I will count myself as blessed. After all the Lord took the time to wake ME up, at a certain time...just so I can bring glory to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment