Translate

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The World Doesn't Need Me

I'm sure the title of this blog post could sound "attention-seeking" to some. If I were to just read the title, I would probably think the same thing, that's the thought that the world has taught us to have. 
However, this title is anything BUT self-seeking. 

Let me say it again, in case you missed it. The world doesn't need me. It doesn't need you either for that matter. The world needs Christ. The world needs the Man who unselfishly died a horrific death for everyone living or having once lived on it. 
The world needs a powerful saving grace..Something it can put it's faith in, I certainly wouldn't want that to be me, if it was everyone should just be ready for a let down right now; because I have nothing to offer.

Sometimes we all get so caught up in what we can do for the world. How we can help be that marvelous saving grace. How we can help Christ get to that 'final goal'. We need to stop. Instead of seeing ourselves as a gift to the world to make it better, lets consider ourselves a servant of Him. After all, He put us here, I'm pretty sure He KNOWS what our purpose here is. He will show us when and where to move, and for what purpose to do it. Maybe he'll tell you a year before, or maybe a week. Maybe your selfish heart will think he said one thing a year ago, when in all truth he's just now telling you and you just didn't want to wait to listen to His voice. 

Don't get so caught up in trying to better the world that you stand in the way of the One who can actually fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment