Translate

Monday, November 4, 2013

Role Models...

I always knew the day would come when I would be a role model for younger girls and women...
I always knew that I would take the place of those older girls that I looked up to...
I just didn't realize that the time for this had slowly crept up on me.

This year for Halloween, one of the precious younger girls that I have the great pleasure of watching grow up decided to dress up as me.

*I* was a Halloween costume.

 You want to talk about putting the fear of God into you?
Yeah, that did it.
She looks up to me enough to want to be me for a day.

Am I being a good enough role model for her...for any other young ladies that may be looking up to me? I mean, yeah..I do all the "Christian" stuff. I'm even going to school with the intent of going into some ministry/missions.
Does all that count?

Am I showing them to be content? Content in their family, in their bodies, in this time when growing up is so imperative?
Am I showing them an example of a godly woman growing in Christ?

I pray that I am. I pray for strength to grow more..to let them in on all those little secrets I've learned along the way. For the strength to share what struggles I've made it through, or even am going through and how the Lord is pulling me through them.

I pray that these young ladies grow up and want to be that role model for others...to continue that godly legacy.


In explanation...in the summer I wear mostly skirts..and this summer it was ALL maxi skirts, so with that in mind (and the fact that it was freezing and raining outside) she came up with this outfit. Love this girl so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment