Translate

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Stop to smell...or look...or taste.

I recently came upon a quote that made me stop and think not just about how wonderful our Creator is, but also how I spend my day in His creation...

God didn't have to give us cherry blossoms,
He didn't have to make apple trees and peach trees
burst into fragrance.
But God just loves to splurge.
He gives us all of this magnificence and then, as if that isn't enough...
He provides fruit from such extravagance.

-Lynn Austin





It just makes me wonder if I "stop to smell the roses" often enough....

Do I take time in my rather hurried mornings to look at the sunrise?
Am I so focused on driving home each night that I forget to thank Him for the day?





I have to be so careful not to be so busy that I can't fully enjoy just being alive. 
I can't be so full of thoughts that I can't be still and listen.
I can't be so ready to do busy work that I'm not doing what I've been called to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment