Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The pests aren't welcome here...

I love spring. The sounds of birds waking me up each morning, the sunshine and the warmth it brings with it, the flowers..though not so much the pollen they bring.... and then there are the bugs. 

I'm sure that it is somewhat of a compliment, right? The sticky sweetness of just perfect coffee left over from breakfast...just too good to pass up! But it's when I found that a few or maybe more than a few ants had decided to take a dip in my coconut oil that I could take no more...coconut oil is where I draw the line! 
I had heard that ants really dislike the smell of cloves and cinnamon..which is perfect because I spray those scents everywhere! ...no such luck. I think it might have even made it worse. And then on a hunch I decided to try peppermint. I put a few drops on a square of tissue and put it on the window sill....and in front of my eyes I could see the ants making a run for the crack in the sill that they had been coming in through. Within 5 minutes every single ant had left the premises. 

So there you go folks, the excitement of my morning has ended...all with a few drops of peppermint oil...and hey, my house smells lovely as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment