Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stop Planning...

Lately I've been hearing this conviction a lot. "Stop planning.." "Have faith in what I can do for you.." Obviously, I have issues when I don't have a plan, otherwise this wouldn't be something God is trying to teach me. No but really, I have real issues with this. If I don't know what's coming next, I just might freak out. I have the calling to missions, I have a place I'm going to be trained..but somehow my heart seems to fear the unknown. My thoughts are constant. They are 99% of the time on what's coming next in my life. All that staring out the window, yeah, that would be me contemplating my life. My mind is full of 'What ifs'. "What if the guy I end up with doesn't support my love of missions?" "What if Africa isn't where I end up even though that's where my heart is?" "What if I'm not a good enough missionary?" These thoughts can tear you apart, let me just tell you. I can hardly be excited about the work I can/will do for the Lord when these thoughts consume me. The more I have these thoughts, the more I can hear the Lord telling me to stop planning. Go with what I know now and let Him figure the rest out. No, I have no idea what I'll do after my Bible training. Maybe I'll leave for a different country, or maybe God has some plan for me in the States. All I know is I have to stop worrying about it and give the reins over to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment