Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

True happiness..

I think I would be perfectly content to never leave my house... to simply stay here and clean and make wonderful delicious things all day...listening to whatever music feeds my soul that day. Taking coffee breaks, and maybe the occasional facebook/blog break.

Then I start to think about it, and I wonder if even that loveliness could truly make me as happy I'd like to think. I remember how I've been called to share Christ with others (whether in Africa or with the people I pass in the mall). I remember how all of us that proclaim Christianity are called to go out and share the Good News. After remembering this, I wonder if Satan is simply trying to climb his way even into my utmost quiet place. Trying to make even something I enjoy so much as being at home making wonderful things, something for his glory instead of Christ's. I can just hear him now..."If I make her want to stay home all the time and give her something fun to do (making loveliness) she won't have the time or the want to share Christ with others..."

Well there will be no such thing....I can enjoy staying home...and everything that goes with that, but I can also go out and see the joy on the faces of those discovering Christ....

No comments:

Post a Comment