Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fear not...

For I am the Lord your God....


 I am always amazed at the fact that no matter how well you may know a verse or verses, they are always relevant.

 Always showing the Lord's mercy.

 Always there to still your heart.

I opened up a graduation gift from my grandparents yesterday to find a beautiful engraved band, and a card. The card is what helped me this morning.

As I was going about my daily morning things, I was constantly thinking about how I'm preparing for my future. I'm leaving for a visit to Colorado about this time next month to visit the school and my Aunt...but other than that and some in depth study of the Word, there's not a lot else I can really do at this point. I've sent my application in to Natasha's Mission of Truth for the money to send me in January, and quite frankly I'm stressing. I sent it a few weeks ago and still have heard nothing back. I was in the middle of drying my hair all the while working myself into a tizzy when I remembered the card.
On the top it said "When you want to know what to do."
And underneath that were the verses;

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."

How often lately I have forgotten, no not even forgotten -refused- to trust in the Lord.

 I have worried myself sick over things I simply can not control.

I have been snappy, or withdrawn because I'm too busy thinking and worrying over something that will happen in time, and in God's will.

I have spent more time trying to find comfort in things and people, than I have spent in the Word of God Himself.



"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 16:33


No comments:

Post a Comment