Translate

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Lay it down..

I woke up this morning to a song that we used to sing when I was in Senior High Youth Group..

"I'm trading my sorrows...I'm trading my shame...I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord."

At first, I was a little annoyed, it's a very catchy song, that once in your head it there to camp out for awhile. I started singing it more and more as I was getting dressed though, and the  thought dawned on me, do I do this? Do I lay everything down for the Lord?
Do I "Cast my cares upon Him"? Probably not as often as I'm supposed to.

So many blessings come when we do.

For those who read my recent blog post about my application, right after we got all of that figured out, I found out about some expenses that would need to be payed the day I arrived at school, that I had no idea about. $2,500 + $55 room and key deposit to be exact.
Awesome.

I worried about it for a few days, and when I say worried I'm talking every thought of every day...migraine 24/7 worry.

Then one day I realized that not only was this getting me nowhere, this was most likely something that God was trying to teach me.
So I stopped. Or I tried to stop...but it was what God wanted. Not perfection, just do as He's telling me, I'm going to think about it, but I don't have to worry about it.
The next day...someone gave me $20 at choir practice, because the overheard me talking about it with my pastor's wife.
Last night, I received a check, for $100 from some dear people...because I had come up at the dinner table.

Talk about tears.

I teared up when I was given the check, and when I went home that night, I couldn't help but cry some more. Yeah, I still need a ton of money, but it's coming in ways that are so unexpected....In ways that only God can bring it.

Like a dear friend said to me the other day "You're so blessed, God is going to let you see a miracle!"

So here I am...receiving my miracle, piece by piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment