Translate

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The impossible...

It goes to the people who deserve it the least.

It's the furthest thing from your mind when people hurt you beyond what you thought possible.

It's impossible without God.

Forgiveness.

When something is done to me...or lets just be honest and include to people I love, forgiveness is the last thing I want to give.
My biggest downfall is that I hate conflict, you would think that would be helpful with forgiveness wouldn't you? Instead, it's my biggest struggle. I don't forgive to escape conflict, I repress. I hide it deep, so that only I can see and feel the pain. Then that person says something, perhaps not even close to the situation, but my mind somehow makes the connection and I'm angry again, this time for a reason that shouldn't even be there, because remember, I forgave them. Except for the fact that I didn't really forgive them.

Can you just imagine how miserable our lives would be if Christ had done this? He died to forgive us. What if he had just died, and 'forgave' but actually was just repressing His anger and sadness, and really was just trying to overlook something that simply can't be overlooked and thrown to the side. Every time we did anything, we'd be on our way to Hell again.
Not that I'm saying that this could happen, as Jesus Christ is perfect, I'm just saying we are supposed to be mirrors of Christ, are we doing that if we can't even forgive, one of the biggest things we associate with Him?

Just a thought I think is worth pondering...


No comments:

Post a Comment